Tuesday, July 19, 2011

(07-19-2011) Roomba Scheduling with EventGhost

Tonight I created an automated Roomba scheduler. I used EventGhost to record the "Clean" command from the IR remote and then play it back using a batch file. I then went into TaskScheduler to run the even every day at 9AM (This will be replaced with my own program - Chronos eventually). The hardware I'm using is a USBUIRT for the infrared input/output and the vacuum is an iRobot Roomba 530.

I would like to monitor the dock in the future to notify me of when the Roomba is docked or away.

Addendum: I thought that the Roomba dock might be issuing an IR command to tell the Roomba where the dock is, and that I might be able to read this and tell when Roomba was away. After some experimenting I have found this is not the case. Back to the drawing board.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I just ordered a Roomba today. Does the remote come with it or did you purchase it seperately? If it didn't come with it can you post the iR code to make it start the vacuuming process?

    I would like to create a schedule like you did with Event Ghost, but also use Event Ghost for Android to use my phone or tablet to start it from another room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please share your USBUIRT code?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please share your USBUIRT code?

    ReplyDelete